Friday, August 22, 2014

Bedroom Reveal

My bedroom has been finished for sometime now, but with the summer here, I couldn't get motivated to sit and write blog posts!  My bathroom is also complete, along with my tiny hallway and a DIY project, so those will also be coming up in the next little while.  I will also be updating my house tour page, so stay tuned!

Here are some before shots of my bedroom after I'd moved in.




Here is how it looks now after some paint, 2 IKEA hacks, some new accessories, and some DIY projects!

 

 


My favourite thing is the nightstand that was made from an IKEA Rast dresser.  It provides more storage and more space on top than my previous one!


I created the 4 photos in the black square frames in Photoshop.  They are all either places or memories that are important to me.  I couldn't find square frames ANYWHERE.  My mom ended up finding them in JoAnn's in Arizona when she was there and hauled them back here for me!  The other colourful, flower photos I've had since university but never had any where to display them.  I picked up some black Nyttja frames from IKEA and finally put them on display on the sliver of wall between my closet and the door.



I've always loved the look of a juju hat, but for the price they go for, it was never going to happen!  The juju above the bed was one of my very first DIY projects on this blog.  The feathers blow lightly in the wind when the window is open and add a soft texture to the room.


The corner shelf unit was the first IKEA hack I had ever attempted.  It fills the weird corner space perfectly and allows me to display my giraffe collection, and houses my tv.



I also updated my closet doors with some tape and paint.  Honestly, I can't even remember what they looked like before!


Here is a resource list for the room (if you see something not listed and you're interested, just let me know!):

Walls:
Paint: Fine Silver (Dulux Paint colour matched to Behr) and Anonymous (Behr)

Light Fixtures:
Nightstand: Winners
Dresser: Base: unknown (had it forever!), Shade: Bouclair

Bed:
Duvet: IKEA (I think it's discontinued now though)
Headboard: DIY from an old door with added crown moulding
Wool Pillow: IKEA (also discontinued)
Juju Hat: DIY
Wooden Wall Accessories: Third World Bazaar

Reading Corner:
Chair: Kijiji (it's an IKEA Poang, however the cover is discontinued)
Frames: JoAnn Fabrics

Window:
Curtains: Home Outfitters
Pull-Down Blind: Levelor from Lowe's

Storage:
Dresser: Mine from childhood
Corner Shelf: Ikea hack from Lack tables
Nightstand: Ikea hack from Rast chest

It's so nice being able to go to sleep in a room that is relaxing and clean each and every night!

Want to read about the bedroom reveal from the beginning?  Here is a list of all the published posts along the way!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)