Sunday, April 6, 2014

Starting the Spring Cleaning

I SAW MY FIRST ROBIN TODAY.  I am seeing the arrival of pavement and grass too.  I think this mythical thing called spring may actually be coming.

It was a whole 9 degrees here today so I threw open the patio door a crack and let some fresh air in.  I also got started on my spring cleaning.

Project organize kitchen cabinets:

I still had presents from Christmas that I had not put away...mostly kitchen items since I didn't have room in my cupboards for them!  If there's one thing I've learned living in a small space is you have to make use of vertical surfaces whenever possible.  This includes your cupboards as well.  I bought some plate racks from Canadian Tire (I've been waiting for them to come on sale forever!), and some baskets from the dollar store. I didn't take any before photos because I was too excited to get started and I forgot...but just picture a mess of dishes, food, tupperware, and lots of unused space!







I can see everything I own now, and each dish has it's own home.  I call this project a success!

I also put away my winter coats and washed my scarves and mitts.  The entry way floor was washed and vacuumed.  I've decided I will do one room at a time, but each room is going to get a thorough cleaning. Front entry...done.  We'll see what next weekend brings!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)