Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Classy Closet

I've been slowly plugging away at my bedroom...and I do mean slowly!  Last Christmas it was painted, then I purchased some new accessories in February.  Over March Break (wow that feels like a long time ago!) I painted my closet doors.  I LOVE how they turned out.

Here's a before of what the doors looked like.  Plain, builder white.  Don't mind the blue tape.  The photo was from back when I did my pre-delivery inspection.


Here's what they look like now!


All that is required for this project is some painter's tape, a pencil and ruler, and your wall paint colour. Super simple!

I measured 3 inches in from all my corners and made a mark on the door.  Sorry for the grainy, phone photos. I took them on a snowy, blizzard day in March so the lighting was pretty bad!


I made a few marks down the sides as well to line my tape up.  I pressed the tape down to make sure it was sealed REALLY well.



Then it was simply a matter of painting over the entire door, tape and all!  I did 2 coats on each door.


I was nervous when I peeled the tape off since I wasn't sure if the paint had bled through.  Luckily, it wasn't too bad.  The worst spots were the corners.  I took a small razor blade and lightly scraped off the paint splotches that seeped under the tape.  Lesson: make sure you press the corners down really firmly!  




The doors now blend really nicely with the wall and don't seem so huge.  The pattern is simple and very classy looking.  It really draws your eyes up and reinforces the high ceilings!  I LOVE them!!  If you are looking for an easy way to spice up your boring doors, this is the project to choose!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)