Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Can't believe 2014 is here already.  Tomorrow is my last day of vacation before heading back to school and tutoring on Monday (I've continued at Ikea over the Christmas break).  The holidays always go by so fast, and I'm always a little sad when I pack up the decorations for another year.  It was a great two weeks though - so much food and good times!  I do feel like I've had a break which is nice, but it will be tough to get back into the rat race again next week.

I wanted to share with you a little project I completed in the living room before the holidays started.  I had been researching wall decals for a LONG time, and when I found this tree at Ikea, I decided to give it a try.
It is the Mossen decorative sticker and is super easy to apply to the wall.  It goes on like a paint by number. You peel off each individual piece and match it to its other corresponding piece on the wall.  Here it is completed!





The little birdies on the branches are my favourite part :)  I didn't want to put more shelves or more art on the walls so this is an interesting alternative.  This pretty much completes my living room now.  I think I'll wait and do some living room tour pictures come the summer when there is more sunlight coming in through the front windows and the Christmas decorations are down ;)

I have also started using Instagram.  Those of you that follow me would have seen the wall decal up a few days ago already.  You can find me here: http://instagram.com/livefromb5.

Here's wishing a happy and healthy 2014 to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)