Friday, January 24, 2014

Grey and Cozy in the Bedroom

I had one goal over the Christmas break and that was to get my bedroom painted.  I had bought the paint back in August during a paint sale and then never got around to actually painting...oops.  I wanted to go grey, and spent a lot of time researching trying to find the perfect one.  I was inspired by this gorgeous bedroom, from that always-played Ikea bedroom commercial:


as well as this one, from HGTV:


Here is my bedroom before





And here is the after!







I went with two different greys.  Behr's Anonymous for the wall behind my bed, and Dulux's Fine Silver (colour matched at Home Depot) for the other three walls.  I LOVE them together.  They allow for both my white and black furniture to stand out, while at the same time creating a cozy and relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for sleeping :)

I have a plan for the closet doors but that will have to wait for another day...or another vacation time...maybe March break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)