- 100 is the sum of the first nine prime number (2+3+5+7+11+13+17+19+23=100)
- 100 is the sum of the cubes of the first four integers (100 = 13 + 23 + 33 + 43)
- A Googol is the number 1 followed by 100 zeros
- The imaginary division between Earth's atmosphere and outer space is called the Kármán line, and is set at a distance of 100km above sea level
- There are 100 tiles in a standard Scrabble set
- When a TV series reaches 100 episodes, it is generally considered viable for syndication
The number of yards in an American football field (not including the end zones) is 100
100 is the record number of points scored in one NBA game by a single player, set by Wilt Chamberlain of the Philadelphia Warriors in 1962
The minimum distance in yards for a Par 3 on a golf course is 100
100 YEARS AGO...
- The ballet The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky is premiered in Paris. Its modernism provokes one of the most famous classical music riots in history (one of my favs, you should check this out!)
- The statue of The Little Mermaid in Denmark is finished
- Vincenzo Perugia tries to sell the Mona Lisa in Florence and is arrested after evading police for almost 2 years. Italy returns the Mona Lisa to France
Thanks to all the readers that have been here since post #1, and to those that have found me through links, searches, Pinterest, and any other method that may have led you here! I always welcome comments and suggestions - do you have a fun 100 fact you'd like to teach me?