Friday, January 4, 2013

2012: A Year in Review

Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a fantastic holiday filled with food, family, and fun.  I sure did!  I thought it would be fun to share with you a few photos from Christmas, and take a look back at 2012.

Our Christmas Eve Christmas-lights-looking drive yielded some awesome houses this year!  Check these puppies out!



And a path lit for Santa all the way down the road (candles in paper bags, how awesome is this?!)


Christmas Day saw lots of cool presents, like Mr. Squirrel and Mr. Hippo (I finally have a House Hippo, so pumped!)  Unfortunately, I burned myself pretty wickedly on the cookie sheet while making the rolls for dinner. Someone usually has a cooking related injury each Christmas in our house, and this year happened to be my turn! Hooray. I also took the plunge and dyed my own hair.  It's hard to capture in photos but it's a more reddy-brown rather than blonde now.  I was terrified but I'm liking it!



(Can you see the difference between the hair colours in these two photos?  It's subtle but there!)

2012 was a great year, with a few "firsts"!

#1- I started working at IKEA, and have since held three different jobs there (which you can read about here, here, and here).  It's a pretty fun place to work considering it's just a part-time job.

#2- I moved into my first house, the subject of this whole blog!

#3- And speaking of this little blog, it turned 1 year old!


Here's a round-up of some of my favourite posts.

Best Head to Toe Room Redo
My parents' bedroom makeover.  It was a lot of work, but the end results were fabulous.  I love going in that room every time I'm over to visit.


  
Top 4 DIY Projects

#1- Converting an old coffee table into an ottoman.  I use it every day.  BEST. DIY. EVER.

   


#2- Turning 4 IKEA Lack tables into a four-tiered shelf.  Definitely my most popular post!


#3 - My feather boa juju hat.  This was the first real DIY project I tackled.  It didn't go quite according to plan, and needed two tries to get it right, but it's still going strong and looks awesome over my bed.  (which I just realized I don't have a photo of...)

#4- My living room curtains made out of drop cloths.  There was no way I was going to be able to find or afford big enough curtains to cover my entire wall of windows.  These do the trick perfectly, and were super cheap too!


Favourite Paint Related Project
My sheet music storage cabinet that I painted a nice hot pink!
  

I'm sure I've missed something in this wrap-up, so feel free to let me know what your favourite moments of 2012 were!  Here's hoping that 2013 brings just as much fun, adventures, and projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)