Thursday, December 29, 2011

DIY: JuJu Hat - Update

You may remember my DIY juju hat.  I was so proud of how it turned out...


Darn gravity.  I woke up this morning to this mess:
There was also a pile of feather boas all stuck together on the floor...in fact there are feathers all over the house now.

Back to the drawing board.  Clearly the tape was not strong enough.  Even though the package claims it can hold a car together.  Pffft fat chance, it can't even hold a feather.  So, after ripping off 15 feet of tape from the boas (not kidding - it was a 15 foot role!) I got out the hot glue.  I layered on the boas again, gluing as I went.  After each layer I used some white thread and tacked the feathers down.




This puppy ain't moving, or at least it better not.  And if it does, I'm not making another juju hat until next year...I never want to see another feather until then.  But it does look so pretty!





2 comments:

  1. I am so going to try this!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi! I highly recommend going with this design (rather than my first one!) and tacking down each layer with a bit of thread. It hasn't fallen down yet! I'd love to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)