Darn gravity. I woke up this morning to this mess:
Back to the drawing board. Clearly the tape was not strong enough. Even though the package claims it can hold a car together. Pffft fat chance, it can't even hold a feather. So, after ripping off 15 feet of tape from the boas (not kidding - it was a 15 foot role!) I got out the hot glue. I layered on the boas again, gluing as I went. After each layer I used some white thread and tacked the feathers down.
This puppy ain't moving, or at least it better not. And if it does, I'm not making another juju hat until next year...I never want to see another feather until then. But it does look so pretty!