Monday, November 5, 2012

How to Paint Around a Toilet

I have definitely fallen off the blog wagon these past 2 weeks.  Halloween came and went...which pretty much sums up the entire event for me.  I had a rehearsal and wasn't even home!  I've never been a big fan of Halloween, so there was no decorating to be had around here.  We just finished the Kitchen Event at IKEA so that had me working very long and late hours.  After having taught all day at school as well, by the time I got home at 11pm blog writing was not high up on my list!

I'm still working on the blog design, so bear with me while I continue to tweak!  That project also fell by the wayside as well!  But I have a few days off coming up so I'm hoping to get some things accomplished around here.

I've still been working on my bathroom and I wanted to share with you the easiest way to paint around a toilet!  I know, just what you wanted to read on a Monday :)  All you need is some saran wrap!

My sister found this tip on Pinterest and it worked really well!  Just wrap your tank and any of the pipes with the saran wrap.  Here's Lynn and my mom getting their inner "wrapper" on while I took the photos.




Make sure you take the tank lid off before you start.  There will always be a little patch that you can't reach unless you took the whole toilet out, but you won't even notice once you're all done.  The saran had all kinds of paint on it from us jamming the roller and paint brush behind it, but the toilet itself stayed sparkling white.  Super easy and gets the job done!

To see more of the bathroom update you can read:



2 comments:

  1. We just painted our bathroom last week, and this whole saran-fandango changed my life!! Can't imagine doing it any other way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know?! It was awesome! What colour did you paint it?

      Delete

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)