Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

We are only 20 days away from Christmas.  I have no idea how this happened.  I have about half my shopping done and I've managed to get a little bit of decorating done around here.  I've had requests from friends to post some pictures of my decorations and my little tree so here they are!  I didn't have a lot of money to spend on decorations, so I made a trip to my trusty dollar store to see what I could find.

A package of $2 glass balls and stars makes ordinary branches more festive!



Don't forget the $1 reindeer!



Confession: the ornaments in the next image came from Canadian Tire, not the dollar store.  I got a package of multi-sized and multi-shaped silver ornaments on sale.  What I didn't use for this coffee table tree I used on my actual Christmas tree.  This is made with a pipe cleaner down the centre, and the ornaments are strung onto the pipe cleaner.  It's a little lopsided, and my family may have laughed at it, but it's grown on me, and it's nice and shiny, so it stays :)



Here's my 4-foot tall Christmas tree!  This is it before it got the topper.



And here it is at night with his new topper (also from the dollar store!)  and a few extra shots just for fun :)







Then a few nights ago this happened...


The snow stayed on the ground for quite a while until it went up to 15 degrees yesterday... and I wore no socks...in December...I'm not complaining!

It's not a lot of decorating, and definitely not extravagant, but it's just enough to make the place feel
Christmas-y.  I still have one other decoration that I made with dollar store items, but it needs to be brought over to my house by two people.  It's too fragile to ride in the car alone!  Here's a hint: I call it my Christmas Cactus...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)