Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Kitchen Stool Reveal and a Feature!

It is high time that these stools be done!  I'm tired of having to get out placemats for breakfast when I could just be sitting at the counter breakfast bar.  I know, tough life when you have to get out the placemats.  The stools are finally finished, painted, and back in the kitchen!

As a reminder, here is what the stools looked like back when I moved in.  A big, flakey mess.


I stripped the black paint (more on that here), sanded and primed them (more on that here), and here they are now!



I like how they match the appliances and Bert now!

I had a hard time finding silver paint that resembled metal.  While doing some internet searching one day, my mom found some stainless steel paint by Rust-oleum which was available at Home Depot. 



It was a tad pricey, but it was the only metallic paint I could find a can...seriously, you'd think it'd be easy...So I picked up a can, and I still have some left over in case I have another metallic project I want to complete.  Word to the wise though: this stuff smells A LOT.  You have to use it outdoors and be sure to wear a mask (or 2!).  It is made with real stainless steel particles and can be dangerous if inhaled.

So after 2 coats of the stainless steel, I gave each stool a few coats of a clear gloss spray to protect them and to give them more of a sheen.


I LOVE how they turned out!!!




In other exciting news, my parents' bedroom reveal has been featured on My Favorite Paint Colors!  It's a fantastic blog that shows you real rooms using real paint colours.  Be sure to check it out.  Here's my shout out to Verdigris Blue!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I've often wondered about that product. Great to see it used on such an awesome piece. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! I've often wondered about that product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! It actually goes on really smoothly and looks great when it dries. Such a cool product!

      Delete

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)