Sunday, September 2, 2012

Before and After: My Lovely Lady Lamp

I have no idea why I call this my lovely lady lamp...it looks nothing like a lady.  If it does, she has extra-large hips.  I picked up this lamp at a consignment shop in Ottawa for $21.  You'll remember, it used to be this pale pink colour.


I hated it and it matched nothing.  The black shade came from Walmart and I picked up some yellow spray paint from Home Depot.  I tied a plastic bag around the top and around the cord to keep them paint-free.




Here's the Lovely Lady now!





I was worried it would look too bumblebee, but I think it looks great, (and will look even better once I get some art on the walls and the walls painted!)

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks awesome and not like a bumblebee. Adds a nice pop of bright colour. (and I especially love those moose coasters! haha)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)