Tuesday, June 5, 2012

These Boots Were Made for Walkin'



Aren't they ohsosexy?  Some girls go for Jimmy Choo's, for me, it's my steel toes.  I can't get enough of them.  I actually wore them all day today.  I only took them off because I was not allowed to sleep in them they were wet. 

I worked my last shift in the IKEA Restaurant on Saturday, and I'm starting in the Customer Service Department this Friday.  Since I'll be working with pallets and boxes there, we needed steel toes.  I have never owned steel toes before, and I had no idea I was missing out on such lovely footwear.  They make me feel so powerful!  Like I could kick someone and it would not hurt me at all... They're surprisingly comfy (which makes me believe I have been buying the wrong sized shoes my entire life.  Are boots supposed to be this comforting?) and provide a nice spring for my step!

I'm breaking them in all this week and dirtying them up a bit...the more dirt the more beautiful they become, ha!  So today I put them to work planting my summer flowers!



I found this pot last fall.  Someone had put it out at the garbage!  I liked it too much to let it go to a landfill.  It's a glazed terracotta-type pot and REALLY heavy.  When I got it home (I had to get my dad to come back with me so we could lift it into the car together), I realized it had a long crack in it.



So I used some masonry waterproofer, and painted the inside to seal it.  No water is getting in this puppy anymore.  I let it dry, then planted away!





I used Gerbera Daisies, Nemesia, and Diamond Frost.  I love the daisies.  They're my favourite summer annual.  I think it will look smashing on my patio!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie! I've been trying to find your email address so you can get the info about the giveaway you won! Please send it to me:) janegallant@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)